All listings for this product
About this product
- Description?Steve Goodman wrote Good mornin America, how are ya into the nation s consciousness, becoming one of the most respected singer/songwriters of the 1970s and early 80s. With warmth and wit, he charmed better-kwn peers, top critics, and countless fans. Yet this 5-foot-2 troubadour nearly lost his chance at adult life. Diagsed with leukemia at age 20, Goodman kept it a secret for 16 years as he sang for a generation that assumed it would live forever. This biography scrutinizes a theme that Goodman knew all too well: when death is imminent, we grasp that life is about connecting with others. Goodman s childhood, the untold full story of City of New Orleans, his launching by the unlikely duo of Kris Kristofferson and Paul Anka, his teaming with wild and crazy Steve Martin for more than 200 shows, his landmark recordings and two Grammy awards all get extensive attention in this biography. The book delves into his personal and professional life, drawing on over 850 original interviews with Goodman s family, childhood and adult friends, and a diversity of celebrities. From the cradle to the crypt, it s a mighty short trip, Goodman wrote in a song shortly before his 1984 death. This biography verifies that the universality of his work hilarious, political, romantic, or all three rolled into one resonates deeply in today s musical firmament.
- Author BiographyClay Eals is the author of Every Time a Bell Rings. He is a writer for the Portland Oregonian and an editor of publications for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
- Author(s)Clay Eals
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1846 g
- Width205 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Foreword byArlo Guthrie
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and CD-Audio
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.