All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteve Tomasula's work exists at the cutting edges of scientific kwledge and literary techniques. As such, it demands consideration from multiple perspectives and from critics who can guide the reader through the formal invations and multimedia involutions while providing critical scientific, aesthetic, historical, and technical contexts. This book, the first of its kind, provides this framework, showing readers the richness and relevance of the worlds Tomasula constructs. Steve Tomasula's work is redefining the form of the vel, reinventing the practice of reading, and wrestling with the most urgent questions raised by massive transformations of media and biotechlogies. His work t only charts these changes, it formulates the problems that we have making meaning in our radically changing techlogical contexts. Vast in scope, inventive in form, and intimate in voice, his vels, short stories, and essays are read and taught by a surprisingly diverse array of scholars in fields ranging from contemporary experimental writing and literary criticism to the history of science, biotechlogy and bioart, book studies, and digital humanities.
- Author BiographyDavid Banash is Professor of English at Western Illinois University, USA. He is the author of Collage Culture: Readymades, Meaning, the Age of Consumption (2013) and co-editor of Contemporary Collecting: Objects, Practices, and the Fate of Things (2013). His essays and reviews have appeared in American Book Review, Bad Subjects: Political Education for Everyday Life, Science Fiction Studies, Paradoxa, PopMatters, Postmodern Culture, Reconstruction, and the Iowa Review.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication16/07/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Note42 halftones
- Weight555 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byProfessor David Banash
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.