All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionLyrical visionary, enduring style icon and one indispensable fifth of post-Peter Green megaband Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks is one of the most recognisable figures in rock 'n' roll history - very much Fleetwood Mac's 'Queen Bee', as Mick Fleetwood himself describes her. While she once made headlines with her hedonistic lifestyle, part of Nicks' irresistible appeal is her youthful vulnerability and mystical aura, making her an artist with whom fans have an unbreakable emotional connection. Crowned 'The Reigning Queen Of Rock And Roll' by Rolling Stone, and with gold and quadruple platinum solo albums under her beaded belt, Stevie Nicks has enjoyed the ultimate in rock 'n' roll success in her life as a recording artist - but this charmed life has come as a result of hard graft, self-belief and a devotion to creativity above all; hers has been a journey of intense highs and lows. This book, a celebration of the Stevie Nicks phemen, takes us on her journey from peripatetic mid-West childhood to her explosion onto the music scene as chiffon-swathed rock goddess, right up to present day. Including exclusive interviews with some of Stevie's associates and collaborators from over the years, author Zoe Howe explores the mystique while retaining the magic of this modern-day musical sorceress and wise woman of rock.
- Author BiographyZoe Howe is a British rock writer whose books include Typical Girls? The Story Of The Slits, How's Your Dad? Living In The Shadow Of A Rock Star Parent, Florence + The Machine - An Almighty Sound, Wilko Johnson - Looking Back At Me, and Barbed Wire Kisses - The Jesus And Mary Chain Story. Her music journalism has appeared in The Quietus, NME, BBC Music, Holy Moly and Company amongst other outlets and she has made music radio series for stations including the award-winning Resonance FM.
- Author(s)Zoe Howe
- PublisherOmnibus Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOmnibus Press
- Content Notecolour photos
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.