All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Stick Dog series continues in Tom Watson's hilarious Stick Dog Tries to Take the Donuts! Stick Dog and his team of strays are off on ather outrageous canine caper. To snatch some breakfast treats for his hungry pals, Stick Dog will need to stop a moving truck, outfox a man on a telephone pole, and calm down a very caffeinated Karen. But that's t all. He'll also need to manage the greatest confrontation in history when his good friend Poo-Poo comes face-to-face with the ultimate enemy-a squirrel. With Stick Dog's smarts, daring, loyalty-and patience-he just might lead his buddies to the best breakfast ever. Perfect for fans of Big Nate, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and the previous Stick Dog books. It's morning. The dogs are hungry. It's time to take the donuts!
- Author BiographyTom Watson lives in Chicago with his wife, daughter, and son. He also has a dog, as you could probably guess. The dog is a Labrador-Newfoundland mix. Tom says he looks like a Labrador with a bad perm. He wanted to name the dog Put Your Shirt On (please don't ask why), but he was outvoted by his family. The dog's name is Shadow. Early in his career Tom worked in politics, including a stint as the chief speechwriter for the governor of Ohio. This experience helped him develop the unique, storytelling narrative style of the Stick Dog books. More important, Tom's time in politics made him realize a very important thing: Kids are way smarter than adults. And it's a lot more fun and rewarding to write stories for them than to write speeches for grown-ups.
- Author(s)Tom Watson
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Series TitleStick Dog
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight196 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.