All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner! 2010 LA Drama Critics Circle Awards: Best Production, Best Direction, Best Ensemble Performance Winner! 2010 LA Garland and 2009 LA Weekly Theatre Awards for Playwriting Winner! Boston IRNE Award Winner! 2006 Black Theatre Alliance Award, Best Play Finalist! 2008 Susan Smith Blackburn Prize Nominee! 2012 Outer Critics Circle Award, Outstanding New Broadway Play The affluent, African-American LeVay family is gathering at their Martha's Vineyard home for the weekend, and brothers Kent and Flip have each brought their respective ladies home to meet the parents for the first time. Kent's fiancee Taylor, an academic whose absent father was a prominent author, struggles to fit into the LeVay's upper-crust lifestyle. Kimber, on the other hand, is a selfdescribed WASP who works with inner-city school children, fits in more easily with the family. Joining these two couples are the demanding LeVay patriarch Joe and Cheryl, the daughter of the family's longtime housekeeper. As the two newcomers butt heads over issues of race and privilege, longstanding family tensions bubble under the surface and reach a boiling point when secrets are revealed.
- Author(s)Lydia R Diamond
- PublisherSamuel French, Inc.
- Date of Publication09/12/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSamuel French, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.