Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining classic theory with current discourse surrounding art history's infamous S word, this collection contains some of today's most highly esteemed critics', artists' and poets' approaches to the sticky subject of the contemporary Sublime. The companion anthology to Uncontrollable Beauty , this volume pushes the polemic on beauty even further, speculating where the beautiful and the sublime will be situated in a post-modern, new-techlogy atmosphere. The collection includes essays by such creators and critics as Harold Bloom, Dave Hickey, Barbara Maria Stafford, Jeremy Gilbert-Rolfe, Carter Ratcliff, Wendy Steiner, Thomas McEvilley and Anthony Hayden-Guest, many of which were composed expressly for this anthology.
- Author BiographyBill Beckley is an artist who has exhibited extensively in America and Europe since 1970. His works are in the collections of the Museum of Modern Art, the Whitney Museum, and the Guggenheim Museum in New York; the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston; and the Sammlung Hoffmann Museum in Berlin. He teaches semiotics, literature, and film at the School of Visual Arts in New York and is the editor for the Aesthetics Today series from Allworth Press, which includes Beauty and the Contemporary Sublime by Jeremy Gilbert-Rolfe, Redeeming Art and The Dialectic of Decadence by Donald Kuspit, Sculpture in the Age of Doubt by Thomas McEvilley, and Out of the Box: The Reinvention of Art, 1965-1975 by Carter Ratcliff. He lives in New York City.
- PublisherAllworth Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date10/02/2011
- Content Note50 b&w illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byBill Beckley
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.