All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionIn a provocative 1985 cover story featuring the face of Marianne obscured by an Islamic veil, Le Figaro Magazine asked: Serons-us encore francais dans trente ans? . With those 30 years w spanned, where does France stand in relation to the fears, challenges and opportunities associated with changing perceptions of ethnic and cultural diversity within and beyond the nation's borders? Is the France of 2015 still French in the same way or to the same degree as the France of 1985? Where do the most significant challenges to Frenchness w lie? In lslamism? In the banlieues ? ln European integration? In American hegemony? ls Frenchness itself, championed by political elites under the banner of l'exception culturelle , an outmoded concept, destined to wither in the face of transnational forces? These are among the issues addressed by contributors to this volume, spanning a wide range of topics and disciplinary approaches including politics, literature, film and sport.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Alec Hargreaves, Formerly Director of the Winthrop-King Institute for Contemporary French and Francophone Studies at Florida State University, and Head of the Department of European Studies, Loughborough University, he has authored and edited numerous publications on the cultural and political dynamics of postcolonialiam in the French-speaking world.
- Author(s)Alec Hargreaves
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleNottingham French Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberVolme 54, number 3
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.