All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1989 by Tickr & Fields, Brian Kiteley's Still Life with Insects is the intensely focused chronicle of Elwyn Farmer, an amateur entomologist, who uses the field tes of his insect sightings to examine and reweave the tattered fragments of his life. In a series of visually powerful and emotionally breathtaking vignettes Kiteley distills the transient beauty of the natural world and lays bare the suffering and joy of one man's life from his maturity in the post-war years to very old age in the 19809's. His striking narrative technique aptly captures the experience we all have as we struggle to make sense of what it means to be human in the face of the inevitable passage of time.
- Author BiographyBrian Kiteley is Professor of English and Creative Writing at the University of Denver, and the author of the novels Still Life With Insects, I Know Many Songs, But I Cannot Sing and The River Gods and two fiction writing guides, The 3 A.M. Epiphany, and The 4 A.M. Breakthrough. The recipient of Guggenheim, Whiting, and NEA fellowships, Brian has also had residencies at the MacDowell Colony, Millay, Yaddo, and the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown. His fiction has been anthologized in The Best American Short Stories and The Four-Way Reader. Leah Hager Cohen is the author of five works of nonfiction, including Train Go Sorry and I Don't Know: In Praise of Admitting Ignorance (Except When You Shouldn't), and five novels, including The Grief of Others, which was longlisted for the Orange Prize and the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award and a finalist for the Dayton Literary Peace Prize, and No Book But the World. She is Distinguished Writer in Residence at the College of the Holy Cross and teaches in the MFA Program in Creative Writing at Lesley University.
- Author(s)Brian Kiteley
- PublisherDark Coast Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDark Coast Press
- Weight157 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byLeah Hager-Cohen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.