All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStill Waters Run Deep investigates two aspects missing or underdeveloped in the study of women in biblical narratives. This book focuses on the Biblical representation of women in oral tradition and then literature and art. The authors examine the variety of ways Judaism, Christianity, and Islam portray female biblical characters. They accentuate the importance of female images in the oral tradition from which the biblical representations arose. Then, the authors present many images and possibilities for interpretation regarding the impact of women on their cultures and religions. Their examination allows the reader to see the depth of meaning in the art and literature of ather time and culture, providing new insight into a little-explored field.
- Author BiographyMishael Maswari Caspi is Professor of Religion at Bates College and co-author of Women and the Biblical Road (University Press of America, 1996) and From Slumber to Awakening (University Press of America, 1998). Sascha Benjamin Cohen received his Masters in Religion at the University of California, Santa Cruz.
- Author(s)Mishael Maswari Caspi,Sascha Benjamin Cohen
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/07/1999
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width151 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.