All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionAs recommended by USA Today and excerpted on RollingStone.com! Still the Greatest is a love song to the songwriting and recording achievements of Paul, John, George, and Ringo after each struck out on his own. In this creative history, Jackson selects the best songs by each in his solo career and organizes them into fantasy albums they might have formed had they stuck it out. This romp through the post-Beatle history of each artist delves into the circumstances behind the composition, recording, and reception of each work, offering a refreshing take on how spectacular much of the Beatles' second act truly is. Jackson assesses the over seventy albums and nine hundred songs they collectively released, selecting the creme de la creme of their output.
- Author BiographyAndrew Grant Jackson has written for Rolling Stone, Yahoo!, Slate's Blogging the Beatles, Baseline Studio System, music magazines Burn Lounge, Mean Street, and Dispatch, and copyedited the Hollywood monthly magazine Ingenue. He directed and cowrote the feature film The Discontents starring Perry King and Amy Madigan and served as actor Jeff Bridges's development associate at AsIs Productions.
- Author(s)Andrew Grant Jackson
- PublisherTaylor Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication09/05/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaylor Trade Publishing
- Content Note20 black & white halftones
- Weight608 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.