CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.15
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.53
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.47
- AU $29.37Trending at AU $33.20
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a lot of controversy over the history of Stilton cheese: its origins, who first made it, and who w has the rights to the name and recipe. Trevor Hickman has delved into the National Archives to explore the story of this famous cheese. In this new book on the subject, he sets down the facts of the cheese's origin, development and history to the present day. He explains how Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire became the centre for Stilton cheese production and emphasises its importance as a leading area of speciality food production.
- Author BiographyTrevor Hickman was born in the village of Wymondham and from an early age has been interested in local history. As a consultant and director of two publishing organisations, he designed and marketed books with a major interest in local history, particularly on Leicestershire. He taught bookbinding at the School of Printing in Leicester until retirement and has since compiled many books on local history. He has studied the history and manufacture of Stilton Cheese for over forty years.
- Author(s)Trevor Hickman
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleA History
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note138
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.