All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionRobert is different. He has Asperger's Syndrome. He experiences the world differently to 99% of the population. Follow his entertaining and highly empathetic story as he struggles to realise and accept who he really is, try to understand other people - which he cant - and find a girlfriend. Especially find a girlfriend - he's decided it's his special project for the year. Accompanied on this transformative journey by his quirky flatmates, Chloe (who also has Asperger's, amongst other things), Stef (who hasn't, but doesn't mind) and their oddly-named kitten, Robert endures a myriad of awkward moments in his quest to meet a nice, rmal girl...and t even a major earthquake will stop him. This absorbing and humorous story is starkly told from Robert's point of view, through the kaleidoscope of autistic experience.
- Author BiographyI've been writing off and on approximately forever. I'm middle-aged in a chronological sense, but young at heart. My favourite genres to read are speculative fiction and YA, but I also read some contemporary and some non-fiction books. My favourite author is Connie Willis, but I mostly read indie authors nowadays. My other interests include editing, hanging out with other writers, walking, playing backgammon, dancing Ceroc and spending time with my two boys. I've co-authored three humorous fantasy books with Diane Berry: Dragons Away! (on the strength of which we won the Sir Julius Vogel Award 2012 for Best New Talent), Growing Disenchantments and Fountain of Forever. I also enjoy copy-editing and proofreading other authors' manuscripts. Where I live: Christchurch is a city of approx 400,000 people on the east coast of New Zealand, which is about as far away from anywhere else as it is possible to be. In September 2010 and February 2011, Christchurch was ravaged by major earthquakes that left much of the central business district in ruins, thousands of people homeless and some parts of the city uninhabitable. But some of us are still here, writing.
- Author(s)Kevin Berry
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.