All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionPractical techniques to help any organization invate and succeed In this groundbreaking book, internationally acclaimed authors demonstrate that invation can be mastered via systematic and replicable methods. Following careful instructions and guidelines, readers discover how to foster the ingenuity that resides within all organizations and how it can be most efficiently and effectively used to create value. At the core of this book is the Function Analysis Systems Technique (FAST). FAST is a powerful mapping technique that graphically models projects, products, and processes in function terms and identifies function dependencies. It is an organized structure ideally suited to exploring complex issues. Readers start with basic concepts and then move on to more advanced concepts using FAST to help their organizations survive and prosper in today's global ecomy. Topics include: Problem-solving techniques Function analysis Function Analysis Systems Technique (FAST) Dimensioning the FAST model Attributes and the FAST model Enabling invation From competency to capability Practical examples and case studies are provided throughout the book to assist the reader in applying the principles of FAST to their own organizations. Stimulating Invation in Products and Services is based on the authors' many years of experience advising clients in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, aerospace, health care, and man-ufacturing. Its practical focus assists all engineers, scientists, and managers who want to foster invation within their organizations. Extensive use of case studies makes this an ideal coursebook for MBA students.
- Author BiographyJ. Jerry KAUFMAN is the founder of J. J. Kaufman Associates, Inc., a value management services company. He has more than thirty-five years' experience working in design engineering, value engineering, and corporate management in the industrial, electronic, processes, services, and aerospace markets. Mr. Kaufman is the author of four books, and has also contributed articles for Japanese, European, and U.S. publications on advanced value management concepts. Internationally recognized as a leader in his field, he is a past president of the Society of American Value Engineers (SAVE) and is the recipient of the Society's Lawrence D. Miles Award. ROY WOODHEAD, PhD, is Senior Lecturer at Oxford Brookes University, UK, in the fields of innovation management, technology management, and value management. He is a Vice President of SAVE and has been an invited keynote speaker to international value management conferences. Using action research in conjunction with innovation techniques, he has worked with companies such as Shell International, BP, and Agip to structure decision-making processes and leverage their innovation potential.
- Author(s)J. Jerry Kaufman,Roy Woodhead
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Series in Systems Engineering and Management
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width185 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.