All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $198.07
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $166.93
- AU $26.91Trending at AU $29.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.22
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.20
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.19
About this product
- DescriptionSpurred by a newfound awareness of false advertising, Stink Moody becomes the proverbial kid in a candy store as his letter-writing campaign yields him heaps of free rewards. When Stink buys a mammoth jawbreaker that doesn't break his jaw, he writes a letter of complaint to the manufacturer - and receives a ten-pound box of 21,280 jawbreakers for his trouble! This unexpected benefit of acing the art of letter-writing in school sure gets Stink thinking. Soon Stink is so preoccupied with getting free stuff sent to him that he overlooks a scribbly envelope in the mail pile - until his best friend, Webster, starts acting standoffish and looks as mad as a hornet. In this hilarious new episode from Megan McDonald and Peter H. Reylds, Judy Moody's shorter sibling truly comes into his own. As a delightful bonus for both teachers and kids, thirty-six common idioms - from two heads are better than one to a leopard can't change its spots - are sprinkled throughout the story; seven of the idioms are humorously illustrated by Stink, and all are listed at the end to inspire a search for idioms that's more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
- Author BiographyMEGAN MCDONALD is the author of STINK: THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING KID, as well as the best-selling, award-winning series about Stink's older sister, Judy Moody. She says, Not long ago, I happened upon two kids in the candy section of my local grocery store who were in rapture over the almost snowball-size jawbreakers they'd discovered in a bin. I held up one of the tiny globes, a confetti-flecked miniature world unto itself. I knew immediately that Stink would have to have one . . . so I bought one myself, for inspiration. I like to think of it as research! PETER H. REYNOLDS is the illustrator of Stink's series debut, as well as all the Judy Moody books. He says, My childhood was a bit Stink-ish. I craved candy - especially chocolate - after reading CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY. So much so that I wrote to the Hershey chocolate company, and they sent me a packet of information, posters, and sample cacao beans!
- Author(s)Megan McDonald
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleStink (Hardcover)
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width147 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter H Reynolds
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.