All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn hor of Judy Moody's younger bother, the creators of the award-winning series have put themselves in a very Stink-y mood proving, once and for all, that you're only as short as you feel. Shrink, shrank, shrunk! Every morning, Judy Moody measures Stink and it's always the same: three feet, eight inches tall. Stink feels like even the class newt is growing faster than he is. Then, one day, the ruler reads can it be? three feet, seven and three quarters inches! Is Stink shrinking? He tries everything to look like he s growing, but wearing up-and-down stripes and spiking his hair aren't fooling anyone into thinking he's taller. If only he could ask James Madison Stink's hero, and the shortest person ever to serve as President of the United States. In Stink's first solo adventure, his special style comes through loud and strong enhanced by a series of comic strips, drawn by Stink himself, which are sprinkled throughout the book. From The Adventures of Stink in SHRINK MONSTER to The Adventures of Stink in NEWT IN SHINING ARMOR, these very funny, homespun sagas reflect the familiar voice of a kid who pictures himself with super powers to deal with the travails of everyday life including the occasional teasing of a bossy big sister!
- Author BiographyMegan McDonald is the author of the popular and award-winning series starring Judy Moody. She says, Once, while I was visiting a class full of Judy Moody readers, the kids, many with spiked hair a la Judy's little brother, chanted, 'Stink! Stink! Stink! Stink! Stink!' as I entered the room. In that moment, I knew that Stink had to have a book all his own. Peter H. Reynolds is the illustrator of all the Judy Moody books. He says, I've fallen in love with the whole cast of characters in the world of Judy Moody, but Stink has always been a favorite of mine. He reminds me of myself growing up: dealing with a sister prone to teasing and bossing around and having to get creative in order to stand tall beside her.
- Author(s)Megan McDonald
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleStink (Hardcover)
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width150 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter H Reynolds
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.63Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $47.52Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.25Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.