All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
About this product
- DescriptionStochastic Analysis of Offshore Steel Structures provides a clear and detailed guide to advanced analysis methods of fixed offshore steel structures using 3D beam finite elements under random wave and earthquake loadings. Advanced and up-to-date research results are coupled with modern analysis methods and essential theoretical information to consider optimal solutions to structural issues. As these methods require and use kwledge of different subject matters, a general introduction to the key areas is provided. This is followed by in-depth explanations supported by design examples, relevant calculations and supplementary material containing related computer programmers. By combining this theoretical and practical approach Stochastic Analysis of Offshore Steel Structures cover a range of key concepts in detail including: The basic principles of standard 3D beam finite elements and special connections, Wave loading - from hydrodynamics to the calculation of wave loading on structural members, Stochastic response calculations with corresponding solution algorithms including earthquakes, and Fatigue damage, reliability calculation and reliability based design optimization. The broad and detailed coverage makes this a solid reference for research oriented studies and practical sophisticated design methods. Students, researchers, insuring bodies and practical designer offices can turn to Stochastic Analysis of Offshore Steel Structures to broaden their theoretical understanding and develop their practical designs and applications of 3D finite analysis in fixed offshore steel structures.
- Author BiographyHaving finished his PhD degree at Bristol University in 1976, H. Karadeniz joined the structural mechanics group of the civil engineering department at the Delft University of Technology in 1978. Since then he has been active in carrying out research into offshore structures, fatigue and reliability analyses, numerical methods and earthquake analysis. M.P. Saka has been working in the field of structural optimization since he completed his PhD in 1975 at The University of Aston in Birmingham, UK. He is the author of 53 international journal papers, 70 international conference papers and 10 book chapters on structural optimization. V. Togan obtained his PhD degree from Karadeniz Technical University, Turkey, in 2009 and he has continued research into reliability analysis, reliability-based design optimization and new optimization techniques based on heuristic algorithms.
- Author(s)Halil Karadeniz
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Reliability Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note47 black & white tables, biography
- Weight646 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.