All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStochastic resonance has been observed in many forms of systems, and has been hotly debated by scientists for over 30 years. Applications incorporating aspects of stochastic resonance may yet prove revolutionary in fields such as distributed sensor networks, na-electronics, and biomedical prosthetics. Ideal for researchers in fields ranging from computational neuroscience through to electronic engineering, this book addresses in detail various theoretical aspects of stochastic quantization, in the context of the suprathreshold stochastic resonance effect. Initial chapters review stochastic resonance and outline some of the controversies and debates that have surrounded it. The book then discusses suprathreshold stochastic resonance, and its extension to more general models of stochastic signal quantization. Finally, it considers various constraints and tradeoffs in the performance of stochastic quantizers, before culminating with a chapter in the application of suprathreshold stochastic resonance to the design of cochlear implants.
- Author BiographyMark D. McDonnell is a Research Fellow at the Institute for Telecommunications Research, University of South Australia. Prior to this, he was at The University of Adelaide. His research interests are in the field of nonlinear signal processing, and bio-inspired engineering. Nigel G. Stocks is a Professor in the School of Engineering at Warwick University. His research lies in stochastic nonlinear systems and biometrics. Charles E. M. Pearce is Thomas Elder Professor of Mathematics at the School of Mathematics, University of Adelaide, and is editor of several journals. Derek Abbott is a Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Adelaide. He has received several awards and has been editor or guest editor on a number of journals.
- Author(s)Charles E. M. Pearce,Derek Abbott,Mark D. McDonnell,Nigel G. Stocks
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2008
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note125 b/w illus.
- Weight1020 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.