All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe stolen base is one of the most fascinating plays in all of sports. In other sport is the opportunity present for the offence to literally take away what belongs to the defence. In other sports it is the ball (or puck) that must do the scoring; in baseball, however, it is the runner, and base stealing is the runner's greatest weapon. Not just ball games but entire World Series have turned on a steal.
This book traces the history of the stolen base and stealing in the major leagues from its humble beginnings through its current status as an indispensable part of a team's offence. Also covered are the players who were synymous with base stealing: Ty Cobb, Luis Aparicio, Maury Wills, Lou Brock, Rickey Henderson, and others. The most memorable steals in baseball history are also recalled.
- Author BiographyRussell Roberts is an award-winning fulltime freelance writer. He has published more than 60 books for adults and children. A well-known public speaker, he lives in New Jersey.
- Author(s)Russell Roberts
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white halftones
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.