All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStolen Legacy is a n-fiction historical narrative centered on a Jewish family's legal battle to reclaim ownership of a building stolen from them by the Nazis in the 1930s. The building at Krausenstrasse 17/18 in Berlin was seized by a German businessman with direct ties to the very top of the Nazi Party hierarchy and German Railways-the state-owned organization that transported millions of Jews across Europe to the death camps. He was the head of the Victoria Insurance Company, then and w one of Germany's top insurance companies which, according to the book, played a role in insuring the Auschwitz death camp during World War Two. The book, written by the daughter of one of the original owners of the building, details the history of the Wolff family's ownership of the building, its confiscation by the Nazis, and the family's legal fight to reclaim it. There has been previous written account of a successful claim of a property seized by the Nazis in Germany. The U.S. Special Adviser on Holocaust Issues, Ambassador Stuart E. Eizenstat, has written the book's foreword.
- Author BiographyDina Gold (Washington, D.C.) is a former BBC investigative journalist and television producer. She currently serves as co-chair of the Washington Jewish Film Festival and is a senior editor at Moment magazine, the largest independent Jewish magazine in North America.
- Author(s)Dina Gold
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication07/08/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byStuart E. Eizenstat
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.