All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the RIBA Book Award, this important and timely publication brings together contributions from leading stone conservation practitioners. It discusses the philosophical principles on which stone conservation is founded and the need to understand the full history and development of a building before starting work. Other topics covered in this book include consolidation, cleaning, and the replacement of stone; conservation of different stone types, including limestone, sandstone, and marble; problems of dealing with polychrome stone; and finally, issues relating to church monuments and graveyards, taking account of the need for good maintenance and health and safety requirements. The book is illustrated with the authors' own examples of stone conservation in practice. Architects, surveyors and craftsmen involved in the conservation of stone structures will find this both a practical and useful reference work.
- Author BiographyAlison Henry BSc Hons, Dip Arch Cons, PGDip Arch Stone Cons, IHBC. Alison combines her role as Historic Buildings Advisor at South Somerset District Council with running a stone conservation practice. She worked on the conservation of the West Front of Salisbury Cathedral and now specializes in church conservation in Dorset and Somerset. Alison is also a part-time lecturer in conservation at Weymouth College and a member and former chair of the Institute of Historic Building Conservation's Technical sub-committee.
- PrizesWinner of RIBA International Book Awards: Sir Sir Robert McAlpine International Book Award for Construction 2007.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDonhead Publishing
- Content Note70 black & white illustrations
- Weight1072 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlison Henry
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.