All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe genus Saxicola contains about 13 species, depending on taxomy. They are a distinctive and popular group of birds, and include two very familiar and attractive British species - the Stonechat and Whinchat. This volume offers a comprehensive treatment of these birds. It is primarily an identification guide, using colour plates and photographs to illustrate the various races and plumages, but the text also covers the biology, habitat and range of each species. DNA data is presented, and there are distribution maps for each species.
- Author BiographyEwan Urquhart is an experienced ornithologist, whose particular interest in the genus Saxicola was sparked when carrying out a four-year survey of the breeding biology of the Common Stonechat in the 80s. Based in Oxfordshire.
- Author(s)Ewan Urquhart
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/11/2002
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleHelm Identification Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristopher Helm Publishers Ltd
- Content Note12 colour pl maps, 100 colour photos
- Weight968 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Illustrator(s)Adam Bowley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.