All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBernard Cornwell's brilliant vel, reissued for fans to find out the story behind the stones. This is the tale of three brothers and of their rivalry that created this great temple. One summer's day, a dying stranger carrying great wealth in gold comes to the settlement of Ratharryn. The three sons of Ratharryn's chief each perceive the great gift in a different way. The eldest, Lengar, the warrior, harnesses his murderous ambition to be a ruler and take great power for his tribe. Camaban becomes a great visionary and feared wise man, and it is his vision that will force the youngest brother, Saban, to create the great temple on the green hill where the gods will appear on earth. Saban' s love for Aurenna, the sun bride whose destiny is to die for the gods, finally brings the rivalries of the brothers to a head. But it is also his skills that will build the vast temple, a place for the gods, certainly, but also a place that will confirm for ever the supreme power of the tribe that built it. Stonehenge is first and foremost a great historical vel. Bernard Cornwell is well kwn and admired for the realism and imagination with which he brings earlier worlds to life. And here he uses all these skills to recreate the world of primitive Britain and to solve the mysteries of who built Stonehenge, how and why. 'A circle of chalk, a ring of stone, and a house of arches to call the far gods home'
- Author BiographyBernard Cornwell worked for BBC TV for seven years, mostly as Producer on the Nationwide programme, before taking charge of the Current Affairs department in Northern Ireland. In 1978 he became editor of Thames Television's Thames at Six. Married to an American, he now lives in the United States.
- Author(s)Bernard Cornwell
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note(Tone drawings)
- Weight330 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $26.86Trending at AU $27.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.