Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA solitary artisan. A legacy of bread-baking. And one secret that could collapse her entire identity. Liesl McNamara's life can be described in one word: bread. From her earliest memory, her mother and grandmother passed down the mystery of baking and the importance of this deceptively simple food. And w, as the owner of Wild Rise bake house, Liesl spends every day up to her elbows in dough, urishing and perfecting her craft. But the simple life she has cultivated is becoming quite complicated. Her head baker brings his troubled grandson into the bakeshop as an apprentice. Her waitress submits Liesl's recipes to a popular cable cooking show. And the man who delivers her flour-a single father with strange culinary habits-seems determined to win Liesl's affection. When Wild Rise is featured on television, her quiet existence appears a thing of the past. And then a phone call from a woman claiming to be her half-sister forces Liesl to confront long-hidden secrets in her family's past. With her precious heritage crumbling around her, the baker must make a choice: allow herself to be buried in detachment and remorse, or take a leap of faith into a new life. Filled with both spiritual and literal urishment, Stones for Bread provides a feast for the senses from award-winning author Christa Parrish. A quietly beautiful tale about learning how to accept the past and how to let go of the parts that tie you down. -RT Book Reviews, 4.5 stars, TOP PICK!
- Author BiographyChrista Parrish is the author of five novels, including the 2009 ECPA Book of the Year Watch Over Me and the Christy Award-winning Stones for Bread. She lives in upstate New York with her husband, writer and pastor Chris Coppernoll. They have four children in their blended family. christaparrish.com Facebook: Christa-Parrish Twitter: @breakingthesea
- Author(s)Christa Parrish
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutledge Hill Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight303 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.