All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome of the last words Jesus said talked about how His followers should take His message to the ends of the Earth. Amy Pardue Boone took this charge to heart and challenged herself to join the ranks of missionaries down through the ages that have left home and family to minister to a foreign land. Stones from the Riverbed is her remarkable true story. In 1998, Amy and her husband took their two small children to the war-torn country of Mozambique. When they arrived, they faced innumerable challenges. Learning the language, adapting to the different pace of life, and even how to filter their drinking water were only a few. Faced with the stark poverty and hunger they witnessed daily on the streets, the couple realized how many souls desperately needed the manna of God's word. Amy and her family experienced many miracles while in Mozambique. Unfortunately, they were also prey to disappointments. They were robbed ten times, had car accidents involving pedestrians, and in total, suffered from malaria twenty-eight times. Yet throughout it all, the blessings and joys of serving in such a fruitful harvest made them want to stay. Forced to return home due to their sensitivity to malaria, Amy nevertheless rejoiced for the time they had in Africa and the many hearts they touched. A moving, inspirational story of obedience, devotion, and praise, Stones from the Riverbed reveals the extraordinary power of the Lord's call to His people.
- Author BiographyAmy Pardue Boone served in Mozambique from 1998-2003 with the International Mission Board. Since 2003, she has served with her family in South Africa. Boone graduated from Samford University and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. She and her husband, Mike, are the parents of Timothy and Grace.
- Author(s)Amy Pardue Boone
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication11/12/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight302 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.