All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of nearly five decades, Bernd and Hilla Becher documented almost every type of industrial architecture from water towers and steel mills to gas tanks and grain silosin Europe and the United States. Whether presenting single shots or their signature typologi - cal grids, the Bechers created a photographic testament to the industrial revolution that so emphatically shaped the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. At the same time, however, they also captured a much-older manufacturing tradition: the quarrying and processing of stones. This volume, an essential addition to the Bechers body of work, is devoted to their photographs of rock-processing plants and lime kilns taken in Germany, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, and Great Britain throughout the 1980s and 90s. Each structure is unique, its details dependent upon the region and the date of its construction, and the book features buildings whose essential function is ancient but which remain important today. Although a small number of these images have been included in previous mographs, this is the first publication to showcase a comprehensive collection of the Bechers study of stonework and lime kilns.
- Author(s)Bernd Becher,Hilla Becher
- Date of Publication07/10/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2100 g
- Width277 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.