Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionStoneywell Cottage is special for many reasons. As the National Trust's most recently acquired property it is a rare and delightful survivor of the Arts and Crafts aesthetic. Indeed, Stoneywell represents the high point of the Movement, built as it was by celebrated architect-designer Ernest Gimson for his brother as a summer home. The cottage emerges from its rocky outcrop, amid rhododendrons and heather. Its rough-hewn walls and wizard's hat of a chimney make for a place of enchantment, where imagination is encouraged at every turn, and this eccentrically designed house has a lot of turns! The cottage and its wild setting conjure childhood memories of holiday excitement, dashing down the winding steps, racing through the undergrowth, one way to the Fort, the other to the Woods. This guidebook t only shows you the charms of this unique property but also introduces the people behind the Arts and Crafts Movement, whose ideas and ideals created items of such contrived simplicity and beautiful utility.
- Author(s)National Trust,Simon Thompson
- PublisherNational Trust
- Date of Publication31/12/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationSwindon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.