All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis step-by-step guide to preventing panic attacks provides simple strategies for stopping a panic attack on the spot and overcoming them in the long-term. Sharing her personal and professional experience of panic and anxiety disorders, clinical psychologist Sandra Scheinbaum presents tried-and-tested methods, including new cutting-edge approaches based on functional medicine. You will learn how to: - Understand what panic attacks are and recognise symptoms - Trust your body's own calming methods to control panic without the need for medication - Find your abdominal breath and relaxed breathing patterns - Let go of clenching and muscle tension through relaxation exercises and postural awareness - Use positive mental imagery and avoid irrational thinking - Find deep belly laughter, even in the midst of a panic episode - Eat well with calming foods and advice on supplements. The ten easy steps in this book will help readers to control their fight or flight response and overcome panic attacks naturally and permanently.
- Author BiographyDr Sandra Scheinbaum is a licensed clinical psychologist, Institute for Functional Medicine certified practitioner, board-certified senior fellow in biofeedback, certified yoga instructor, nutrition coach, and the Director of Feed Your Mind Wellness Programs. She has a doctorate in clinical psychology from Fielding Graduate University. A former panic sufferer, she has practiced mind-body medicine for over 30 years, successfully teaching hundreds of clients to overcome panic. She lives in Illinois and is the author of How to Give Clients the Skills to Stop Panic Attacks.
- Author(s)Sandra Scheinbaum
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/02/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.