All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw A famous French chef created her greatest recipe BEFORE she learned to cook!The first airmail letters went by train. McDonald's opened its first restaurant as a barbecue stand.The best way to prevent a toothache is to wear a dead mole around your neck. These and many other wacky but true facts serve as springboards to research about people, places, food, animals, and historical events. Students are asked to create poems, games, quizzes and other products in lieu of traditional written reports in this new book of ideas keyed to standards in writing, reading comprehension and information literacy. Based on one of Nancy Polette's most popular workshops (Research Without Copying), this book will appeal to school librarians and teachers in grades 4-8. Extensive bibliographies of recommended resources add to the usability of this title.
- Author BiographyNancy J. Polette is professor of education at Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO, author of more than 100 professional books, and an in-demand speaker at state and national library, gifted, and reading conferences.
- Author(s)Nancy Polette
- PublisherLibraries Unlimited
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width217 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.