All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassical probability theory provides information about random walks after a fixed number of steps. For applications, however, it is more natural to consider random walks evaluated after a random number of steps. Examples are sequential analysis, queuing theory, storage and inventory theory, insurance risk theory, reliability theory, and the theory of contours. Stopped Random Walks: Limit Theorems and Applications shows how this theory can be used to prove limit theorems for renewal counting processes, first passage time processes, and certain two-dimenstional random walks, and to how these results are useful in various applications. This second edition offers updated content and an outlook on further results, extensions and generalizations. A new chapter examines nlinear renewal processes in order to present the analagous theory for perturbed random walks, modeled as a random walk plus ise.
- Author BiographyDr. Allan Gut is a professor of mathematical statistics at Uppsala University in Sweden. He has published many numerous articles, and has authored and co-authored six books, four of which were published by Springer. Three of those books, including the first edition of this book, have sold out, and Probability: A Graduate Course, published in 2005, is selling well.
- Author(s)Allan Gut
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Operations Research and Financial Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight530 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2009
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.