All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sequel to the highly successful Store Wars: the battle for mindspace and shelfspace published in 1995. The new edition will retain all the strengths of the old book including a comprehensive and complex approach to the consumer & retail market and the interaction between FMCG retailers and manufacturers. The book will be thoroughly revised and updated and will consist of 4 main parts: * A section on leading FMCG companies and brands (such as Coke, P&G, Unilever, Nestle, L'Oreal etc.), their marketing and branding strategies in the western markets (USA, Western Europe: UK, France, Germany and others). * A section on leading retailers (Wal-Mart, Tesco, Carrefour etc.), their developments and expansion over the last 10 years. * A section describing the interaction between retailers and manufacturers, including competition for end-consumers, trade marketing. * A section covering the Emerging Markets the retail landscape in the major developing ecomies, results of the expansion of major FMCG brands and western retail chains, challenges related to distribution and FMCG marketing in those countries. The book will also discuss the impact of the Global Crisis on the consumer and retail markets as well as predictions and prospects for the future.
- Author BiographyGreg Thain has been Chairman / CEO of marketing, trade marketing, Internet, consultancy, PR and research companies, in the UK & emerging markets. Having over the last 20 years owned or managed businesses in Russia, India, China, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Greece, Ukraine, Sweden and Kazakhstan, working for many of the leading international FMCG and retail businesses. Currently adjunct professor of marketing & E-Commerce at the International Monaco University (IUM), and Chairman of the Storewars marketing business. He lives between Monaco & Moscow. John Bradley held international marketing positions in Cadbury for 24 years before becoming a consultant and writer. His first book, Cadbury s Purple Reign, was published in 2008 and John is a regular commentator on the FMCG world in his adopted home country of Canada and the USA. John is currently working on his next book, again jointly with Greg, on the world s leading consumer marketing companies; provisionally entitled, The Mega-Consumer Companies, scheduled to be published April 2013.
- Author(s)Greg Thain,John Bradley
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/07/2012
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.