All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir a retired Wall Street man wrote for his children and grand children. He describes his youth in the Netherlands where he lived during World War II, his service in the Dutch army in Indonesia and his career in America. There is much detail on his and his wife's very varied family background.
- Author BiographyGeorge Peter Schieferdecker who uses Peter as his first name was born in the Netherlands in 1925. His father was an executive with Royal Dutch Shell and when he was a small boy the family lived in Venezuela and Argentina. During the German occupation of the Netherlands Peter had to hide from the Nazis to avoid being sent to Germany for work. After the war Peter attended Leiden University and was conscripted in the Dutch army for service in Indonesia. He started his career in finance in Amsterdam and married his wife Netty in 1951. They have now been married for more than sixty years. Peter and Netty moved with their two sons to the United State in 1958 where Peter started a successful career in Wall Street. They had two more children in America. In the seventies Peter became president of an investment advisory firm responsible for almost three Billion dollars in assets mostly belonging to pension funds. He retired in 1988 and now lives in Greenwich CT.
- Author(s)G Peter Schieferdecker
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1356 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.