All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect gift for lovers of coast lore or anyone who really wants to kw what it's like here, 'Raincoast Chronicles Eleven Up' is a large-format hardcover with over 300 black-and-white photographs. As always in the Chronicles, famous writers appear side by side with first-time authors who have a good story to tell. The award-winning writing of Howard White is well represented here, and there are contributions from Edith Iglauer, Jim Spilsbury, Clayton Mack, Anne Cameron, Peter Trower, Alan Haig-Brown, and a host of others who have made and lived BC coast history.
- Author BiographyHoward White was born in 1945 in Abbotsford, British Columbia. He was raised in a series of camps and settlements on the BC coast and never got over it. He is still to be found stuck barnacle-like to the shore at Pender Harbour, BC. He started Raincoast Chronicles and Harbour Publishing in the early 1970s. He has been awarded the Order of BC, the Canadian Historical Association's Career Award for Regional History, the Stephen Leacock Medal for Humour, the Jim Douglas Publisher of the Year Award and a Honorary Doctorate of Laws Degree from the University of Victoria. In 2007, White was made an Officer of the Order of Canada. He has twice been runner-up in the Whisky Slough Putty Man Triathlon.
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleRaincoast Chronicles
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Note300 b/w photos
- Weight1444 g
- Width280 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byHoward White
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.