Stories from My Heart: A Cardiologist's Reflections on the Gift of Life by Dr M P Ravindra Nathan, Dr Nathan Ravindra (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $46.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStories from My Heart A Cardiologist's Reflections on Life Stories from My Heart is a collection of stories and essays that come right out of the author's heart. These are real life experiences that capture the fascinating details, challenges, drama and at times humor as well, while working through three different countries in three different continents in the world - India, England and USA. Dr. Nathan has been practicing Cardiology and Internal Medicine for the past 50 years. He has had a remarkable journey in medicine under different conditions in many parts of the world. Through these well crafted stories he captures the drama, challenges, tragedies and triumphs with great compassion, fascinating details and humor where it can be found. Dr Nathan is an amazing story teller who writes with fervor and inimitable fascination for the human spirit and he is endowed with a natural gift for interweaving cutting edge medical techlogy with lucid and concise literary finesse. The book also gives the reader a peek into the medicine of the 21st century America as well as a preview of the art of medicine which is as old as human history itself. All these are compelling stories touching on various aspects of human lives. As Hippocrates said, Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also love of humanity.
- Author BiographyDr. M.P. Ravindra Nathan is a physician with fifty years of experience in the practice of medicine and cardiology. He was the Director of Hernando Heart Clinic in Brooksville, FL for thirty years, 1981 - 2011. Currently he practices cardiology in Hernando County, FL. He is also an author, speaker and humanitarian Dr. Nathan was born in India and graduated from Trivandrum Medical College, India and then received his post graduate medical training in England. He has worked in London, Cambridge, Sheffield and Sunderland, UK. He came to USA in 1972. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Diseases. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London, American College of Medicine, American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association and Royal College of Physicians of Canada. He has published more than 180 articles and stories including research papers in scientific journals and lay press. He has been a frequent contributor to Medical Economics, Cortlandt Forum, Journal of Florida Medical Association Tampa Bay Times and Hernando Today and writes a monthly column on medical matters for Khaas Baat, an Indian magazine. He was the Editor in Chief of the AAPI Journal and currently is its Emeritus Editor/ Advisor. He was also the past president of AKMG (Association of Kerala Medical Graduates) and past president of Hernando division of American Heart Association. Dr. Nathan recently edited, along with 5 other authors, a coffee table volume of 215 pages titled 'Archives of AKMG' that was released on July 13, Friday in Detroit by AMA president Dr Jeremy Lazarus.
- Author(s)Dr M P Ravindra Nathan,Dr Nathan Ravindra
- Date of Publication09/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date15/01/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.