All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionStories from the Anne Grimes Collection of American Folk Music is a treasury of American traditional music and Ohio\u2019s folklife heritage. Traveling along the highways and byways of Ohio in the 1950s as a folksinger and collector of traditional music, Anne Grimes encountered people from many different backgrounds who opened up their homes to her to share their most precious family heirlooms-their songs. She recorded these treasures for posterity and further preserved them through her lectures and recitals. After years of performance and research on her material, Anne Grimes decided to write about it all. This beautiful book presents her lively portraits of the major contributors with photographs taken by her husband, James W. Grimes; lyrics and extensive tes on the songs; and a CD sampler that includes performances by her contributors, most of whom had t been previously recorded. It also contains selections from Bob Gibson, Carl Sandburg, Pete Seeger, Jenny Wells Vincent, as well as Grimes herself. The Anne Grimes Collection is preserved in the Library of Congress.
- Author BiographyAnne Grimes, Ohio folksinger and scholar, died at the age of ninety-one in 2004 while working on this book. A classically trained musician who served as music and dance critic for the Columbus Citizen in Columbus, Ohio, before embarking on her career in folk music, she recorded on Folkways, performed at national folk festivals, and served as president of the Ohio Folklore Society. The book was edited by her daughters, Sara Grimes, Jennifer Grimes Kay,Mary Grimes, and Mindy Grimes.
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication13/07/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteillustrated
- Weight522 g
- Width4522 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJennifer Grimes Kay,Mary Grimes,Mindy Grimes,Sara Grimes
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.