All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 40 men and women whose stories are told in this book may t have started out as perfect people, but they were used by God to do his work. Saints are people who listen to God and try to do what he wants. The saints included in the book fall into four categories: Bible saints from the New Testament, such as St Paul Historical and legendary saints, such as St George Worldwide saints, such as St Francis of Assisi More recent and contemporary saints, such as Mother Teresa Each story is accompanied by: Key date and brief description of the saint Bible link Prayer Related activities Symbol Suggested songs that might be used Some of the people have been formally named as saints by their church. In such cases, their name will appear with 'St' before it, as in St Patrick. Others have t been recognized publicly in this way, but are included in this book because God used them to carry out a particular task. These people are referred to simply by their ordinary names such as Florence Nightingale.
- Author BiographyVeronica Heley has taught in Junior Church, run youth clubs and been Events Organiser for the Association of Christian Writers. She gives talks and runs workshops for writers of all ages. She is author of over 60 books. For further information, see www.veronicaheley.com.
- Author(s)Veronica Heley
- PublisherBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Date of Publication13/09/2002
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBarnabas in Schools
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight262 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.