Stories of Exploration and Discovery (Classic Reprint) by Arthur Bennett Archer (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Stories of Exploration and Discovery This little book is the outcome of several years' experience in the teaching of an original course on the History of Discovery. The course has been given to middle forms, and spread over two years' work, with a fortnightly lesson. This has been supplementary to the usual work in History and Geography, and the study of both those subjects has been found to benefit considerably. An aspect of human endeavour and progress that is often only lightly touched upon has received more adequate and connected treatment, with corresponding gain in interest. The course has afforded opportunities for the revision of World History and Geography, from a fresh point of view, but the chief value has been found to lie in the stimulus to wider reading on the part of the pupils. The short list of books appended to this volume illustrates the scope of such reading. It has been difficult to choose, from the great mass of material available, just those stories which are at once representative and important in the general history of exploration, and interesting in themselves. The aim has been to preserve something of a historical outline, though necessarily incomplete, which may prevent the book from becoming merely a series of disconnected biographies, and may serve to illustrate the continuity of human efforts to solve the great problems of exploration. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Arthur Bennett Archer
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $59.27
- AU $13.17Trending at AU $14.73
- AU $27.97Trending at AU $31.84
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.59
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.