All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis inspirational book is a collection of true stories laid out in a daily format; one per day for 365 days. Each story will tell about a work of God in the lives of those who have experienced some aspect of prison. A single scripture verse will accompany each writing, pointing to the hope and truth found in God's word.While incarcerated, many inmates spiritually hit bottom and come face-to-face with the choices they have made. Thankfully, God uses Christian volunteers, prison chaplains, family members, outside friends, Christian pen pals, and other inmates, to share His love and truth with the lost behind bars. Regardless of how they are offered hope, inmate's testimonies, along with their daily walk challenges, are moving and inspirational.You will read amazing stories including that of Brandon, a prisoner who had a prayer warrior mother, and was also visited by a Christian volunteer. Brandon came to Christ while incarcerated, and witnessed constant gang activity behind bars, including preying upon the youth on the outside. Since his release, Brandon often risks his life in his ministry of intervening in the lives of youth who are at risk to become involved in gang activity.The battle for the souls of inmates is fierce. One female prisoner said, When I first arrived at prison in 2002, Christianity was openly practiced and Satanic practices were underground. Now it is just the opposite. This inspirational book will remind Christians of their admonishment by Jesus to visit the imprisoned, to pray for them, and to share the gospel with them (Matthew 25:36). These collective, true stories will especially touch those who are uncomfortable with prison ministry, helping them to develop compassion for the shunned souls of society.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Peck experienced prison through his 14 years of service at Prison Fellow-ship, where he directed their marketing and communications efforts. He holds a Master's degree from Baylor University in International Journalism. His articles and photographs have appeared in a wide variety of publications. He resides in Falls Church, Virginia with his wife and two children. Connie (Sturm) Cameron is a newspaper columnist, freelance writer, and author. Her hundreds of published writings include several Chicken Soup for the Soul titles, Reader's Digest, and The War Cry. Dozens of her published works were compiled into her first book, God's Gentle Nudges: Inspi-rational Stories of How God Lovingly Leads us Closer to Him. Connie is a speaker and has been inter-viewed on television and radio. She was a featured author in The Christian Commu-nicator and an instructor for the American Christian Writers Conference. As an active board member of the Licking County Jail Ministry, Connie also enjoys visiting, speak-ing to, and writing female inmates. She resides in Glenford, Ohio, with her husband Chuck. Together they have 3 grown chil-dren and 4 grandchildren.
- PublisherGod & Country
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleBattlefields & Blessings
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGod & Country
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.