All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionIn Stories of Faith and Courage from the Korean War Larkin Spivey shows real people fighting and living through a difficult conflict and almost forgotten era of American history. His stories are presented in a daily devotional format with scripture readings each day, revealing both the routine and the astounding ways in which God acts to empower believers and answer doubts. Every person of faith will come closer to God through these pages, and religious skeptics will see many of their own questions explored in depth. Spivey also presents a concise history of the Korean War with overviews, maps, and photographs giving new insights into why America fought this war and the incredible results over the following decades. Each month a different aspect of the conflict is emphasized, including the early history of Korea, introduction of Christianity, Japanese and Soviet occupations, the different campaigns of the war, and developments after the armistice. This unique combination of front line drama, coupled with the broader historical context of the conflict, gives a picture of war and combat unavailable in other histories. Indexes enable readers to search stories by name or topic, including a wide range of life issues such as addiction, anger, anxiety, doubt, forgiveness, understanding God's purpose, hope, leadership, miracles, post traumatic stress, trust, and much more. Readers can find stories specifically relating to medical personnel, chaplains, children, families, prisoners of war, Korean culture, American values and many other relevant topics.
- Author BiographyLarkin Spivey is a decorated veteran of the Vietnam War and a retired Marine Corps officer. Larkin commanded infantry and reconnaissance units in combat, and he was trained in parachute, submarine, ranger, and special forces operations. He was with the blockade force during the Cuban Missile Crisis and served President Nixon in the White House. As a faculty member at The Citadel, he taught courses in U.S. military history, a subject of lifelong personal and professional interest. He now writes fulltime and resides in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, with his wife, Lani, and their extended family. He is a lay eucharistic minister of the Episcopal Church and has been actively involved in the Cursillo Christian renewal movement and the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association. He has made numerous television and radio appearances nationwide and speaks frequently to church, veteran, and other groups with his patriotic and spiritual message. For more information about the author, his other books, and speaking engagements, visit: www.larkinspivey.com.
- Author(s)Larkin Spivey
- PublisherGod & Country
- Date of Publication19/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleBattlefields & Blessings
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGod & Country
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.