All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating longitudinal study portrays five children as they grow up from age 3 to 17. It creates a window into their internal lives and affords a detailed view of: their intrapersonal development; how they construct their personal identity as they progress through school; who they believe themselves to be; how they have changed; and, how school experiences have contributed to their narratives of self. Policy for children and young people should be rooted in their real lives. Stories of Self is invaluable for all who work in a professional capacity with children - including parents. It will interest academics and students concerned with the study of identity and is a valuable teaching resource for students and postgraduates in child orientated disciplines, especially education, sociology, psychology and childhood studies.
- Author BiographyDr Jo Warin is senior lecturer in the Department of Educational Research at Lancaster University.
- Author(s)Jo Warin
- PublisherInstitute of Education Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationStoke-on-Trent
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrentham Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.