All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis compilation of 76 World War II veterans' stirring recollections presents a remarkable array of stories from all of the major theatres of the war, including the Pacific, Europe, and a saga of Japanese internment in the United States. Gleaned from a series of memoir-writing classes, veterans of the greater Fres, California, region recorded their memories, thoughts, fears, and feelings on having played a role in World War II. Ranging from riveting to poignant, the stories capture the dramatic moments of epochal combat - including the landings at Okinawa and the Battle of the Bulge - while acutely expressing the difficulties and privations of life during wartime.
- Author BiographyJanice Stevens is the author of Fresno's Architectural Past, a former staff writer for the Business Journal, a freelance writer for the Fresno Bee, and a college-level English composition teacher. She lives in Fresno, California.
- Author(s)Janice Stevens
- PublisherLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationFresno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight617 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.