All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is a theoretical examination of the concept of the Unconscious with an analysis of three literary works as an illustration of the views of Freud, Lacan and Kristeva. The main goal is to analyze in detail a central concept in psychoanalysis - in fact, one of the four fundamental concepts of psychoanalysis, to quote Lacan - and then see its literary embodiment in protagonists, characters, scenes. In other words, the book will help the reader to overcome the difficulties in grasping some psychoanalytic ideas through the use of a very specific form of language, the language of contemporary fiction. Thus language, which the Unconscious is and which it resists, will be the prime mover in accessing this ultimately evasive concept.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Rossitsa Terzieva-Artemis is Assistant Professor in the Languages Department of the University of Nicosia (Cyprus). She holds a Ph.D. in the Human Sciences from the George Washington University (USA). Her research interest and publications are in 20
th century English and American literature, philosophy and psychoanalysis.
- Author(s)Rossitsa Terzieva-Artemis
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleLiterary & Cultural Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notegraphs
- Weight380 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.