All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnergize your story programs by infusing them with the power of movement! This guide offers you dozens of interactive, ready-to-use, age-appropriate and story-based activities that get children actively involved in learning. Designed to expand the child's self-awareness, range of expression, and aesthetic sensibility at particular stages of development, from infancy to puberty, these literature-based programs are simple eugh to be used by any educator, even if you have little or dance experience. Included for each program are learning goals/skill development, a literature-story connection, and detailed instructions for movement and vocal improvisation and creative dramatics. A great resource for after school programs, home schools, and daycare centers. Ages Infant-14 Stories on the Move develops a child's emergent, cultural, and interpretative literacy skills. The first three chapters for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers are based on nationally recognized standards and methods for tapping emergent literacy skills. The fourth chapter takes children on StoryTrips to other countries and includes language, stories, dances, and customs of those countries. The fifth and sixth chapters for older children show them how to interpret story structure and the elements of character, setting, mood, plot, and theme. Included for each program are learning goals/skill development, a literature-story connection, and detailed instructions for movement and vocal improvisation and creative dramatics. A great resource for after school programs, home schools, and daycare centers. Ages Infant-14.
- Author BiographyArlene Cohen is a professional storyteller and dancer who performs for groups of all ages, and conducts workshops on movement and story. Educated as a children's librarian, she has also taught storytelling at University of Hawaii.
- Author(s)Arlene Cohen
- Date of Publication30/05/2007
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Note2 photographs (b&w), 7 figures, 6 tables
- Weight699 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.