All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the escape she's been looking for? Velita Stanford can't remember a time she didn't fear her husband's explosive temper. She tries so hard, but some days, thing she does is right. So when she's summoned for jury duty, Velita dreads what her husband might do if his abuse is revealed. As the case gets underway, Velita begins to see life outside of her husband's shadow. Still sick with worry, she befriends two jury members who show her a kindness--and the God--she has long forgotten. This could be her chance to change her life, but every step Velita takes is weighted by her husband's oppressive presence. As she tries to balance her role as a juror with the terror she finds in every situation, can Velita overcome her fears and trust those who offer help? Or will the darkness of her life continue to consume her?
- Author(s)Wilma Wall
- PublisherKregel Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication13/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKregel Publications,U.S.
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.