All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStory Money Impact: Funding Media for Social Change by Tracey Friesen is a practical guide for media-makers, funders, and activists who share the common goal of creating an impact with their work. Today, social-issues storytellers are sharpening their craft, while funders with finite resources focus on reach, and strategic invators bring more robust evaluation tools. Friesen illuminates the spark at the core of these three pursuits. Structured around stories from the front lines, Story Money Impact reveals best practices in the areas of documentary, digital content, and independent journalism. Here you will find: * Twenty-one stories from people behind such powerful works as CITIZENFOUR, The Corporation, Virunga, Being Caribou, Age of Stupid, and Food Inc. * Six key story ingredients for creating compelling content. * Six possible money sources for financing your work. * Six impact outcome goals to further your reach. * Seven practical worksheets for your own projects. * A companion website located at www.storymoneyimpact.com containing up-to-date information for those seeking the tools and inspiration to use media for social change.
- Author BiographyTracey Friesen is a media strategist, committed to supporting storytellers and social innovators in the creation of impactful content. Formerly an Executive Producer of the National Film Board of Canada's studio in Vancouver, her credits include ScaredSacred, SHAMELESS: The ART of Disability, and Force of Nature: The David Suzuki Movie. In 2014 she wrote a major research paper for the Documentary Organization of Canada called Growing the Pie: Alternative Financing and Canadian Documentary, a feasibility study on collaborative funding models for Inspirit Foundation, a research project --- with support from Creative BC --- on the viability of a Canadian-based Good Pitch, and the documentary film Amplify HER. Friesen is now Director of Programming for Roundhouse Radio 98.3 Vancouver, a hyper local commercial station with a community focus.
- Author(s)Tracey Friesen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series Title100 Cases
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.