All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionDon't restrict your creative property to one media channel. Make the essential leap to transmedia! From film to television to games and beyond, Storytelling Across Worlds gives you the tools to weave a narrative universe across multiple platforms and meet the insatiable demand of today's audience for its favorite creative property. This, the first primer in the field for both producers and writers, teaches you how to: * Employ film, television, games, vels, comics, and the web to build rich and immersive transmedia narratives * Create writing and production bibles for transmedia property * Monetize your stories across separate media channels * Manage transmedia brands, marketing, and rights * Work effectively with writers and producers in different areas of production * Engage audiences with transmedia storytelling Up-to-date examples of current transmedia and cross-media properties accompany each chapter and highlight this hot but sure-to-be enduring topic in modern media.
- Author BiographyTom Dowd is a 25-year veteran of paper and video game design and world building. He is the co-creator of the celebrated Shadowrun role-playing game which spawned a series of cross-media computer games, novels, board games, and comic books. He is a working game designer and currently teaches game development and transmedia at Columbia College Chicago. Michael Fry is an Emmy-nominated writer/producer who has worked on the NBC shows The Cosby Show and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as well as the WB's The Parent 'Hood. He is currently an associate professor at Columbia College Chicago where he teaches writing for television, the internet, mobile television, as well as transmedia property development. Michael Niederman is an award-winning film and video maker as well as the chair of the Television Department of Columbia College Chicago. His projects include the dramatic film The Paled Man and the documentary Voices from Northern Ireland. He teaches writing, directing, and transmedia and lectures on television, and emerging narrative forms. Josef Steiff is a writer and independent filmmaker as well as the Film & Video Senior Associate Chair and professor at Columbia College Chicago, teaching screenwriting and transmedia development. Joe has edited volumes on anime, manga, Battlestar Galactica, and Sherlock Holmes for Open Court's Popular Culture and Philosophy, and is the author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Independent Filmmaking.
- Author(s)Josef Steiff,Michael Fry,Michael Niederman,Tom Dowd
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note6 black & white halftones, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.