All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStorytelling introduces some of the key issues addressed by narratologists, explaining the more useful termilogy and concepts, and applying them to fictional texts that are commonly studied on literature courses. Invaluable to both students of criticism and creative writers, the book explores the constituent elements of stories: their structure, the significance of who tells them, and the important aspects of characterisation and dialogue. Throughout the discussions are accessible, entertaining and, above all, relevant to contemporary readers.
- Author BiographyPaul McDonald works at the University of Wolverhampton where he is Senior Lecturer in English and Course Leader for Creative Writing. He is the author of fourteen books including three poetry collections and three comic novels. His scholarly work includes books on Philip Roth, the fiction of the industrial Midlands, American humour, and the philosophy of humour.
- Author(s)Paul McDonald
- PublisherGreenwich Exchange Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreenwich Exchange Ltd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.