All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStorytelling is pop culture s weapon of choice to connect, engage and ultimately convince. Every TV ad a compelling movie? Every Facebook post a contagious piece of content? Every infographic a work of art? Yes, please. Tell me where to sign up! Right w, this very minute, a junior copywriter is adding storyteller to his Facebook profile. There is a gaming developer doing the same on LinkedIn. A PR agent is casually including teller of stories in his Twitter bio. Graphic designers, journalists, editors, broadcasters, coders, model makers, set designers, girmous brands, ocean explorers, astronauts, schoolteachers, CEOs, marketing directors, creative consultants and trend watchers are peppering their websites, blogs and email signatures with the word storytelling. In Storytelling on Steroids, editor and adman John Weich finds out why. Where did all this storytelling come from? Why are so many professionals suddenly so eager to spread the storytelling gospel? And who blazed the trail for an Age of Storytelling in mainstream communication? In his compact, fast-moving book, Weich explores the iconic brands, cultural movements and social techlogies that have contributed most to storytelling s rise in mainstream creativity and communication. Along the way, he calls out countless pop culture darlings to make his case-: Batman, Banksy, Tomb Raider, TED Talks, Radiohead, Jay-Z, BMW and New York Times infographics. He even raves about a powerful little campaign about the worst hotel in the world. What we re experiencing isn t a radical new movement but a storytelling renaissance, one fueled by addictive techlogies, the abundance of choice and you! You and the billion others engaged in the most massive and shamelessly personal storytelling experiment in the history of humankind: social media.
- Author BiographyJohn Weich: Currently: *Creator & Editorial Director at Monumental Propaganda*Columnist at Wallpaper* Previously: worked as creative director/ storyteller/ writer at various agencies
- Author(s)John Weich
- PublisherBIS Publishers B.V.
- Date of Publication17/12/2013
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBIS Publishers B.V.
- Out-of-print date30/08/2016
- Content Note60 Illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width170 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.