All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDon't simply show your data tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals of data visualization and how to communicate effectively with data. You'll discover the power of storytelling and the way to make data a pivotal point in your story. The lessons in this illuminative text are grounded in theory, but made accessible through numerous real-world examples ready for immediate application to your next graph or presentation. Storytelling is t an inherent skill, especially when it comes to data visualization, and the tools at our disposal don't make it any easier. This book demonstrates how to go beyond conventional tools to reach the root of your data, and how to use your data to create an engaging, informative, compelling story. Specifically, you'll learn how to: * Understand the importance of context and audience * Determine the appropriate type of graph for your situation * Recognize and eliminate the clutter clouding your information * Direct your audience's attention to the most important parts of your data * Think like a designer and utilize concepts of design in data visualization * Leverage the power of storytelling to help your message resonate with your audience Together, the lessons in this book will help you turn your data into high impact visual stories that stick with your audience. Rid your world of ineffective graphs, one exploding 3D pie chart at a time. There is a story in your data Storytelling with Data will give you the skills and power to tell it!
- Author BiographyCOLE NUSSBAUMER KNAFLIC has been analyzing data and using it to tell stories for over a decade, through analytical roles in banking, private equity, and at Google. She delivers presentations and workshops for organizations seeking to improve data presentation and pens the popular blog www.storytellingwithdata.com.
- Author(s)Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.