Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe Stour Valley line dates from 1849 and has had a long and turbulent history. Extended in 1865, the line reached the zenith of its fortunes under Great Eastern Railway. Thereafter, changes of ownership and cost-cutting programmes saw many services withdrawn and sections of the line closed. This, the first of two books exploring the history of the Stour Valley Railway, covers the line from Marks Tey to Bury St Edmunds and Cavendish. Stour Valley Railway Through Time takes the reader on a tour of the line, past and present, showing through old and contemporary photographs the history of the stations on the line over the last fortyfour years: the remnants of the route rth of Sudbury, the surviving branch at Marks Tey, and a look at the East Anglian Railway Museum at Chappel & Wakes Colne.
- Author BiographyAndy T. Wallis was educated at Simon Balle School, Hertford before joining the Royal Navy, where he served for six years, some of which was spent on HMS Ark Royal. He is a volunteer on the Colne Valley Railway, a heritage steam railway, and has been a member of the preservation society since 1978. He has held various posts within the organization as Honorary Secretary, Editor of the newsletter and for the last 8 years as Chairman. After worked for the railways for 31 years, and now spends his spare time writing or volunteering on the Colne Valley Railway. He lives in King's Lynn, Norfolk.
- Author(s)Andy T. Wallis
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note186, 97 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.