All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecoming an effective educator in a diverse society involves more than acquiring information; rather, it is a process of personal growth and introspection. Straight Talk: Growing as Multicultural Educators is a unique text in that it engages readers in reflecting about their own taken-for-granted assumptions about human differences. Readers are encouraged to think about their personal journeys and the ways in which their cultural experiences have shaped who they are, both as individuals and as educators. Practical information on implementing equitable school practices is embedded within a larger philosophical framework that explores social forces such as white privilege, socioecomic stratification, and cultural hegemony.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Rebecca Powell is Professor of Graduate Education at Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky. She is the author of Literacy as a Moral Imperative: Facing the Challenges of a Pluralistic Society.
- Author(s)Rebecca Powell
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number149
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight360 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.